Back Pain Relief for Pregnancy & Postpartum
with Michaela Wohlgemuth
Starting 1st Nov.
Thurs. 8pm – 9.15pm
1st Nov. – 29th Nov.
Cost incl. all €130 for 5 wk course
This 5-week course will help each individual to learn body awareness and find natural alignment and poise.
Web / Email / 087 7556558
- Relieve Pain & Stress
- Adjust your alignment with your changing body
- Allowing for easier breathing
- Simple mindful skills you can apply to your daily life as well as guided relaxation
- work at home and labor preparation
- You will come away with some new tools for your self-care practice.
Pregnancy – Adjusting to the Bump
I love working with pregnant women. During pregnancy, a woman’s body is changing rapidly. It’s important to develop good habits early on to help avoid back pain.
I help women to strengthen their back and to find balance and ease, both physically and emotionally. We do a lot of work with bending to learn how to support the back properly both during pregnancy and when the baby arrives. I also have ways to show how not to arch the back which is a common posture during pregnancy.
We look at preparing for labour and getting ready for when the baby comes, being back and neck aware. One thing I focus on is the quality of touch so that the touch is supportive and not adding to tension.
It’s best to start as early as possibly – ideally from 3 months.
Adjusting to the Baby
There’s so much to adjust to when a new baby comes into the world, that mums (and dads/partners) can forget to think about their own bodies. And this can cause havoc with their backs.
It can also be quite stressful and emotional.
In 5 week workshop, we can look at a range of practical activities such as:
- bending and avoiding back ache: over the pram, cot, bath, changing mat
- breastfeeding without straining your back and neck
- sitting comfortably when playing with the kids on the floor
- carrying your baby without arching the back
- using baby car seats without damaging your back
- how to find calm and reduce anxiety.
Included is a ‘Guided Talk-Through’ audio and a weekly text message to enhance your learning curve. You’ll leave with a self-care skill you then can use anytime and anywhere.
For further information about Michaela please see here.